Why give to Inner City Outings?
San Jose ICO
trips are provided at minimal cost to our youth participants. We are a 100%
volunteer effort. However, we do have expenses.
As a non-profit organization, San Jose ICO accepts both monetary and equipment donations. Monies are used to fund group outings as well as leadership training initiatives. Outing costs generally include transportation, entry fees, food and supplies. ICO gladly accepts outdoor gear (i.e. camping equipment, tents, backpacks, etc.) and clothing (warm clothes, gloves, socks, etc.).
Please help ICO continue our outings by sponsoring a youth!
Sponsor one or more! Grant funding has dropped tremendously. San Jose ICO can use your help.
Are donations to ICO tax deductible?
All cash donations are tax deductible through the Sierra Club Foundation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
How can I make a donation?
If you'd like to receive a tax credit for your cash donation, make the check out to "Sierra Club Foundation/San Jose Chapter ICO", otherwise make it out to "San Jose ICO" directly and send it to:
Jose Inner City Outings
3921 East Bayshore Road
Where does the money go?
In 2004 (ICO reporting year is July thru June) San Jose ICO volunteers ran 23 trips which equated to 482 kid-trip days. During 2004 (per anum Jan-Dec) San Jose ICO expense were $5.3K of which over 96% was directly related to outing and equipment expenses. The remaining 4% was spent on volunteer training and administrative expenses. If you wish at the time of your donation you may specify that 100% of your donation be used for trip expenses. More details of ICO' expenses can be found in our annual report.
accepting the following equipment donations:
· Insulated Snow Boots (All Sizes)
· Waterproof Breathable Jackets
· Waterproof Breathable Pants
For equipment donations, please email Scott Lindberg, or call 650-387-2745.
Thank you for remembering ICO and the youth we serve.